1.2 On saying ‘Please’ – Activity – 2
Page 16 – 17 ‘I should like to ”feature” ……………….. an action had given me’.
Read the extract & complete the following activities 
A1] Global Understanding-
Choose & write two correct sentences from the following that best explains the theme of the extract.
- Courtesy, civility & morality are important in daily behaviour.
- Pretending of having forgotten to carry money for the ticket fare is a stale old trick
- All bus conductors are not the same everywhere.
- There is definitely a good impact of good temper & kindliness in society.
A2] Complex factual – 
Find & Write two contrasting features each of the polite conductor & the unpleasant specimen from the extract.
A3] Analysis – 
The narrator’s bus experience was surprisingly pleasant. Explain.
A4] Personal Response – 
Discuss the importance of good manners in life.
A5] Language study – 
Do as directed:
- You will meet an unpleasant specimen who regards the passengers as his natural enemies. [Remove ‘who’ & rewrite the sentence]
- I am disposed to think that these are a few classes of men. [ Rewrite the sentence using the gerund form of the underlined word]
A6] Vocabulary – 
Find words from the extract for the following –
- dishonest person –
- happily –
- painful experience –
- settled –