Page 56-57 “The eight & a half hour …………… had moved away”
Read the extract & complete the activities given below. 
A1] Global Understanding- 
Arrange the following incidents in the sequence as they occur in the extract-
- The writer walked 15 meters to enter in the leopard’s zone.
- The writer noticed a fresh scat lying on the ground.
- The langurs spread to nearby treetops.
- The writer heard the langurs giving alarm call for the leopard.
A2] Complex factual 
Mention two clues that made the writer aware of the presence of a leopard apart from the langur’s alarm call.
A3] Analysis – 
Explain – The writer says – ‘I was alone here like a fox’
A4] Personal Response: 
Do you like adventures? Explain.
A5] Language study – 
Do as directed:
i] The fading alarm calls were still heard.
[Rewrite the sentence beginning with ‘I still……’]
ii] The langur is most reliable when it comes to finding clues about the presence of the apex predators in the jungle.
[Change into Positive degree]
A6] Vocabulary – 
Find words from the extract with the meaning –
- i] disturbance –
- ii] an animal which preys on another animal –
- iii] encircling in the air –
- iv] deerlike animal with horns –