1.3 The Cop and the Anthem – Activity – 2.
“Soapy was seized with a sudden …………… could do nothing wrong.”
Read the extract & then do all the activities. 
A1] Global Understanding-
True or False.
Read the following sentences & write down two true sentences:
- Soapy desperately needed the umbrella.
- Soapy was afraid that he won’t be able to enter the prison.
- Soapy was upset & annoyed with the police.
- Soapy’s ‘disorderly conduct’ plan succeeded.
A2] Complex factual – 
“Soapy stopped his unavailing racket.”
Explain the meaning of the above sentence in the context of the extract.
A3] Analysis – 
Find out the reasons for the following statements:
- The cop did not arrest Soapy for shouting & dancing because-
- Soapy was angry because-
A4] Personal Response -
Write an incident in which you did something wrong & repented for it later. Give reasons.
A5] Language study -
Do as directed:
- We have instructions to let them be. [Rewrite using the gerund form of the underlined word.]
- He muttered against the men who wear helmets. [Make Simple sentence]
A6] Vocabulary -
Use each of the following words in a sentence of your own –
- disconsolate –
- saunter –